Neural Network Diary #3: Thoughts about inputs and ratings
Recently I have been thinking about inputs that would use in the neural network and as mentioned earlier, most will come from Racing Dossier-service. I don’t wan’t to include too many but then again not too few either. Currently I am planning to include following list of ratings.
- Shorpro – Projected speed rating in todays race
- SpdfigLR – Speed rating in last race
- SHorAvD – Average speed rating at todays race distance
- PFP – Current form class level of horse, this rating starts at 1500
- MClSLr – Money Class Shift From Last Race. Prize money of todays race divided by prize money of last race. Anything greater than 1.07 is a shift up in class, anything less than .93 is a drop in class.
- Raiform – Rating assessing last three races
- Course, Distance or Course/Distance winner
I am still thinking that I might add something measuring how succesfull horse has been when it comes to pricemoney.
Originally I was planning on normalising ratings but that was before I came up with that list and now that I think of it, I might just as well use them as they are and dividing with suitably big number to bring them to less than one. Money Class shift and Course/Distance winner I am putting in as boolean values.
Only problem with that is the fact that speed figures above can be less than zero, I need to find a way to handle that.